Student participants in Summer on the Cuyahoga represent a wide range of backgrounds and life experiences. All are committed to getting the most from their summer in Greater Cleveland. You will gain tremendous work experience and insight into a variety of career opportunities, and you will enjoy amazing cultural, social and civic engagement programming, alumni networking, and opportunities to form lifelong friendships. SOTC offers the complete summer package!
Specific questions can be directed to our Executive Director, Jean Koehler, at email@example.com or 216-408-0423.
We offer access to a wide variety of internship opportunities, and as a participant in the summer program, you will have several benefits:
- Paid internships (8, 9 and 10 weeks)
- Free housing at Cleveland State University (paid for by employers and SOTC's fundraising efforts)
- Many free meals (food is provided at most events)
- Whirlwind experience in Greater Cleveland (planned events each week, ranging from behind-the-scenes zoo tour to dinner with local business leaders to canoe and hiking trips)
- A pre-assigned alumni host who has offered to be available to you for career advice or even a "home away from home" during your stay in Greater Cleveland
- Access to your respective school's alumni network in Cleveland
- Opportunity to meet dozens of other students from all participating schools and share work and life experiences
a note for students
For students who are interested in applying, please explore this site to understand the program elements and expectations, AND note that additional internships will be posted throughout the fall, winter and spring.
Please login to get started.
Positions with Summer on the Cuyahoga are available for current sophomore, junior and senior students attending Case Western Reserve, Colgate, Cornell, Denison, Ohio Wesleyan, Smith, University of Chicago and Yale. Current first year students are not eligible to participate.
Summer on the Cuyahoga offers a wide range of internships in fields from banking to field research. All participants in the program enjoy a number of benefits unmatched in most other internship programs:
- Free housing on the campus of Cleveland State University. All students, without exception, are required to live in program-sponsored housing. You will live in suites with students from other participating schools.
- Corporate and alumni-sponsored events. Throughout the summer, you can enjoy a wide range of civic, cultural and social experiences, from lunch with a corporate CEO to a behind-the-scene tour at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, SOTC offers it all at little or no charge to our participants.
- An alumni host connection. Each student will be paired with an alumni host who will help to orient the student to Greater Cleveland and provide career advice.
- Alumni networking. Students will interact with alumni regularly and learn the skills of networking. Community introductions will abound.
- A summer with students from other schools. Students will have the opportunity to meet and socialize with the approximately 50-70 students participating in the program. You will be exploring a new job and a new city with dozens of new friends.
- Assistance with securing full-time employment. Local alumni and the Summer on the Cuyahoga staff are prepared to assist you with seeking and securing permanent employment in Greater Cleveland upon your graduation.
Summer on the Cuyahoga is a summer to remember!